Sunday, April 17, 2011

WSBTV Atlanta to publish a two part series on Women's Ordination

As many of you know, on April 2, I was ordained a deacon in the Association of Roman Catholic Women Priests.  Monica Pearson of WSBTV Channel 2 came to the ordination and interviewed Bishop Bridget Mary Meehan and me, and stayed to film the ceremony.  On Monday, April 18th and Tuesday April 19th at about 5:45PM and 6:45PM each day, there will be a two part series on the ordination and the issues surrounding it.  For me, this is astounding and I am both excited and humbled. Both pieces will be airing Monday evening. One at 5:45 and the other at 645". So if you don't catch it Monday-you can catch it on Tuesday....

In contacting the bishop of Atlanta's office about the event, Monica mentioned the bishop said this choice was very divisive.   For me, what is actually divisive is the prevalence of sexism that promotes a hierarchy that feel justified in telling God not to dare call women into ministry because they, the hierarch's, do not want us.  Staying true to my original calling has been a difficult challenge, and hopefully because of our choices, it is one that the women of the future may not have to face.

At any rate-forward this to any and all who may be interested in seeing the news Monday and Tuesday.  For those out of town-it will probably show up on the internet.  If you can, please write to thank Monica and crew for promoting this valued work.  Also, if you notice I have not sent this to someone, feel free to spread the news for me!

I finally figured out how to post pictures on my blog-so if you wish-go to http://dianedoughertysblog.blogspot.com/
Bridget Mary has more pictures.  Her site is:http://bridgetmarys.blogspot.com/

These two women produced the program
"Pearson, Monica (CMG-Atlanta)" <Monica.Pearson@wsbtv.com>, and "Nadell, Suzanne (CMG-Atlanta)" <Suzanne.Nadell@wsbtv.com>

No comments: