Sunday, August 28, 2011

VOTF supports a fund to support women who lose employment in the Roman Catholic Church as the result of injustice or discrimination, and to help women who are working to bring about justice and equality in the Church.

Comment: A great fund....when the Archdiocese of Atlanta let me go because they restructured while I was away at school-I had $1600 in the bank. The administrators were going to give me one week pay. I was terrified and had no one to turn to. Luckily I had the sense to turn to civil law that said they had to give me one month of severance for each year I worked there-that was 14 weeks....their maximum according to the personnel manual.  I remember feeling so ashamed.....thinking what did I do to deserve this treatment.....all I wanted to do was use my gifts to serve the people of God. 

Give Generously-many are in this predicament....and you never hear about them.

News From National


Emily & Rosemary Fund for Women: Application Deadline Oct. 1The Emily & Rosemary Fund for Women in the Church will be making another round of awards this winter. The deadline for completed applications is October 1.
Lynette Petruska established the fund to support women who lose employment in the Roman Catholic Church as the result of injustice or discrimination, and to help women who are working to bring about justice and equality in the Church.
You can learn more about the Fund and find grant applications here http://votf.org/page/emily-rosemary-fund-women-church/14217. Please note the purpose of the Fund and be sure your application falls within those criteria.

 
During the fourth session of Vatican II on December 6, 1965, Pope Paul issued a motu proprio (a papal statement is prepared and signed by the pope himself) inaugurating the reform of the Curia. The name Supreme Congregation of the Holy Office was changed to Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. The new office was supposed to be less concerned with hunting for heretics and more concerned with promoting theological investigations.

No comments: